Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Soccer is in full swing!

Today was Tucker's second soccer practice. I think that out of all of the sports, he loves soccer the most. He loves football and basketball, but part of the reason that he loves those sports might be due to the fact that his daddy was a phenom in both of those activities. Tucker always wants to make his daddy proud, so he tries his hardest at those two sports. He has played soccer since he was three, and he truly has a passion for it. There are two main reasons that I think make him love soccer so much:
1. He loves to run and chase people, and vice versa.
2. He loves to chase a player down with the ball and kick their feet out from under them and take the ball, and get applauded for it instead of admonished.

Tucker is so aggressive on the soccer field that parents around us even comment on how good he is at defense. If a player on the other team his the soccer ball and they are running twenty yards in front of him, Tucker will break out of the pack and be on that player before he knows what hit him and then Tucker will usually take possession of the ball. I love to watch him play. He laughs and smiles the entire time. He is very happy on the soccer field. I think that he is going to be a soccer player, and a swimmer when he gets older. He is a very strong swimmer due to his endurance and love of the water. I am proud of him, as you can tell. I will post some pics from soccer soon. I won't get to go to this Saturdays game because I have to work, but I will get Brad to take some pics. Thankfully his practices are on a Tuesday, so I get to see him play then. Connor is much easier to control on the soccer field as well. He plays ball behind me inside an unused goal meant for high school players. I can actually concentrate on Tucker most of the time. I also make sure not to talk to any mommies while I am on the field. I got scolded by Tucker on many occasions last year for "talking" instead of "watching"during practices.

One new cute thing that Connor has started doing this week is that you can tell him he can have "just one" of something and he will hold up his finger and say "one". Also, if you ask him if he loves you he says, "Nooooo." with this cute little grin on his face. He keeps doing that to you until he starts laughing at himself. He has also started acting out the "I love you" song from Barney. He surprised me with this on Sunday night when the song came over he gave me a hug during the words for hug, and a high five for the best friend part. That was the SWEETEST thing he has ever done!!! He is just getting cuter and cuter every day, I am so blessed with all three of my boys!!!

No comments: