Friday, October 17, 2008

Today and tomorrow

Today was a nice day for Brad. He was able to take a much needed "vacation day" and stay with Connor while I went to work. We are so fortunate in that we have my stepmom who keeps Connor for us on the two days a week when I work. She loves the little guy so much, and he has a wonderful time with her. She and my dad have traveled to Indiana for a week and will not be back until the following Sunday. My mom enjoys keeping him as well, but unfortunately her health keeps her from keeping Connor as much as she wants to.
I am hoping that Brad got a taste of what it is like being home with a little one all day long. He needs to realize that I do not spend all day sitting on my arse watching Oprah and eating Oreos.
When Tucker got home today, they played/practice football in our living room. My sweet husband had all of these obstacles in the floor so that Tucker could practice his "moves" running with the ball. Evidently they had a few wrestling matches as well, but Connor did not enjoy them as much as the older boys did. Boys meaning my 6 and 32 year old husband. I am glad that they all had time together today without me. I truly believe in "guy time" as well as "my time". Boys need to be with thier dad and I need to be by myself every now and again. Technically, I wasn't by myself today, I was at work. However, I was having big people conversations and did not have to plan my day around nap time. Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mom, it is my life long dream fullfilled. I am glad that I still work two days a week though. It is good for my sanity.
Tomorrow will be the last of Tucker's flag football games and the coaches are supposed to play after the kids play. Unfortunately, I will be at work in the morning, part of the whole part time set up I have with the bank. It is worth it to work on Saturday mornings most of the time, except when I miss out on this type of thing. The bright side is that I am home more than I am gone now, and what ever sacrifice I have to make is worth it for myself, and my family.

No comments: