Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Up late again

Here it is midnight again, and I am in front of the pc writing. Brad has been asleep for a long time now, and I am quite sure he can here my typing in his dreams. We had the computer in an office once, that was the dining room, and now, it is a playroom. That my friends is called "good use of space" and I don't even appear on HGTV.
Anyway, one of the reasons that I am still awake is because I have been talking with a dear friend through facebook tonight. She is a couple of years younger than me and a truly remarkable girl. She has three kids and is suffering from Chronic Lyme Disease. Her case is even worse than most chronic lyme disease patients because her case was diagnosed very late. This young woman has gone through so much in this life, and through it all she remains strong and faithful to God and his Word. Her name is Crystal, and if you are reading my blog, and you are a person who believes in God Almighty, please lift her up in prayer. Her bone marrow came back clear and she hasn't been on antibiotics for about three months. All of that is good, but she had a set back today and I am praying that is all it is, a set back. I believe God is using Crystal as he has used others, to show that He is still in control of us, and that He still performs miracles every day even when we are not aware. She has a caring bridge site: www.caringbridge.com type in southernbelle28 and read her story. You will come away from your computer screen with a new out look on life after you read it, trust me.
Nothing exciting to type about the Boz household today except that I went to the Dr. today and my pink eye is slowly fading. He said I can wear contacts again Friday. Praise the Lord. I hate my glasses right now. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering:
Brad graduated with his accounting degree!!! We received his diploma in the mail on Friday. Funny thing though, it reads, Bachelor of Science, in the school of Business. Well, that is funny because his diploma from Mississippi State reads the same darn thing. After checking his official transcript from UAB to make sure that he has an accounting degree, he found out that no diploma actually lists what it is you graduated in, that being your degree. My question to universities every where is this: WHY NOT? They need to realize that corporate America doesn't give a darn that you have a BS, BA, they want to know what your degree is in or you don't get a high paying job. Needless to say, the diploma from UAB will not be hung on the wall in a frame. But the transcript might.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Congrats to Brad! Is the job search on??

ATB said...

No, he likes where his is now. We are hoping that when the economy turns around he will get a significant increase since his company did not give out raises this year, because of the economy. Let's hope this new president can do what he thinks he can do. :)