Friday, November 14, 2008

Girls night out and Daddy daycare II

I just returned from a great dinner with my friend Margaret Ann. She and I had been wanting do celebrate her birthday all week, and we were finally able to do something together. We went to a local Mexican restaurant and had huge strawberry and mango margaritas and just sat and caught up with each other for three hours. It was a very nice relaxing visit. Rarely do we get to go to dinner or anywhere without our children in tow, so it was a special treat.

I have to say that having good girl friends in life is very important. Your husband will be with you until you die (hopefully) and he is always going to be your "best friend". However there are some things that men just can't relate to, and that is when your girls step in. I have been blessed with really good friends in my life. I am not a person who has tons and tons of close friends. I have a small knit group of women who I know I can count on, and who hopefully know that they can count on me, whenever I am needed. My friend Alex and I were having a girls night out once a month, before we had our second children, now we try to at least email each other and talk on the phone as much as possible. We are also going to start doing things during the day together so that we don't take away from family time at night.
I am thankful to all of you girls, you know who you are, my rocks of Gibraltar, who I lean on and laugh with through thick and thin.

Brad and Tucker are in the bed behind me. Brad is snoring like a freight train. He doesn't believe me when I tell him that he snores. Now Tucker will be my witness, when I wake him up and let him listen to his daddy bringing the house down. Tucker, Connor and Brad had a good night together. According to Tucker, they worked on some basketball "motions" and watched Star Wars the Clone Wars, ate chicken sticks (actually fish sticks, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him) and took a bath. I am proud of my husband for feeding and bathing my children tonight. He has really stepped up this week since I have been sick and I am grateful to him for that! Connor still walks around with a toothbrush in his mouth most of the day thanks to the last time Daddy babysat, but I am going to work on getting rid of that obsession next week.

We are going to watch the Alabama/ MSU game tomorrow night with Papa and Mimi. I spent about thirty minutes tonight trying to explain to my son that the Bulldogs are not going to win, and that he needs to come away from the dark side and start rolling with the Tide. His exact words to me were, "No way mommy, I love the bulldogs. We are going to eat those elephants tomorrow." My husband could have worked for Hitler in the area of brainwashing, he is so good that my child actually believes 1. the MSU might win tomorrow. 2. Alabama really isn't a good football team. 3. that he can chose his own team and doesn't chose the bulldogs just because daddy likes them. I know that part of me will still cheer for State, because I want Croom to beat Saban, but I will keep that to myself in front of my dad. Saban is just not a good person, I think he is a pompous jerk and am dissapointed that he is the coach of my alma mater.
What is this world coming too? 'Rock' Obama is president, my child thinks that Mississippi State is really the number one team in the nation, and my toddler continues to throw everything he can get his hands on into our fireplace (won't be using that this winter.) Just a note to friends: If we come to visit your house, keep all things that even look round out of Connor's line of vision. We will not be held liable for balls or other circular objects being thrown down toilets, fireplaces, ovens, air vents, and shoved into open refrigerator doors. All efforts are being made to control our toddler, but progress is slow, so be patient, and move quickly if he throws something in your direction.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Awww....How sweet! I'm so glad to call you my friend too :-).